SPAMfighter Mail Gateway integrates perfectly with the company’s existing e-mail infrastructure to secure the company e-mail environment. It is easy to install and use with no daily maintenance tasks needed. SPAMfighter Mail Gateway is based on SPAMfighter’s unique world-wide community with over 8 million users.
Using the same layered architecture as SPAMfighter Exchange Module, this solution differs by being capable of working together with any SMTP mail server on the market.
A design criteria used throughout the application is an emphasis on performance. Competing products with similar capabilities is often satisfied with being able to handle 1000 e-mails per minute on stock hardware – SPAMfighter Mail Gateway excels by being clocked at 3500+ e-mails per minute.
Senior lead .NET/C# system developer on the commercially available product "SPAMfighter Mail Gateway" – a high performance antispam and anti-malware solution.
It was my role to design and develop the system – and continually develop new features for the products and maintaining existing features. The system required high level of integration to external systems and required knowledge of a wide range of technologies and standards. The requirement for the system was that it needed to be high performance, advanced and feature leading in its product categories.
My responsibilities were:
- Design standard compliant SMTP gateway.
- Integration with Active Directory.
- Support multiple database engines.
- Design and develop plugins
- Develop parsers that could process e-mails, DNS records and other types of structured data.
- Design and develop advanced and high performance algorithms.
- Performance optimization.
- Develop multi-threaded and high concurrency processing engines.
- Develop product installers.
- Design and develop ASP.NET administration interface and dashboard.
- Design and develop custom HTTP and SMTP servers.
My roles in the project were:
- System Development
- System Design
- Web development
Technologies used in project were:
- Web Services
- Windows Service
- Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft Server
- Active Directory
- COM Server
- Regular Expressions