Such archives is often data intensive ranging from gigabyte size to terabyte size, involves specialized XML schema, file structure and conversion of up to 1500 file formats to TIFF.
Because of the involved data transformations the processing needs to be done efficiently, perfomant and correct in order to minimize the time to complete a given archival task (with pure computer processing often counted in days or weeks).
.NET/C# lead developer and sparring partner on a new data intensive information and document archival system. The system should support existing, manual work processes and automate when appropriate.
Requirements was to use modern technologies, ensure high performance, system reliability and ease of maintenance.
My responsibilities were:
- Specify requirements and estimates.
- Specify component design.
- Educate team members in technologies.
- Design and implement C# ASP.NET MVC based front end.
- Design and implement C# based Windows service.
- Design and implement WCF API infrastructure.
- Design and implement SharePoint document storage integration.
My roles in the project were:
- System Development
- System Design
- Web development
- Frontend development
- Backend development
Technologies used in project were:
- ASP.NET MVC
- Web Services